Saturday, August 1, 2015

Reflections and Introspections






Thank you for the time spent talking and visiting with me. These last few years have been a whirlwind. At times this blog and those of you that have been constant companions, have been a Godsend. You have kept me sane and been my rock.

When my Dad died in October of 2011, I started reading more than ever. In December of that same year, I started this blog. At first I new absolutely nothing and it was a real learning experience. I have tried many different things to keep it fresh and different. Recently, I have lost my motivation. Everything I tried seems to have failed and except for a few of you (which I can count on one hand, and you know who you are), I can't seem to motivate visitors to talk. Lately, I haven't been very good with communicating with you guys either. It is nothing personal. It is just me and being at camp and not having a great connection.

Lately, I have been burnt out. I know that I caused this situation by accepting too many review requests. In order to remedy it, I have decided to slow down and step back. It has gotten to the point that I very seldom enjoy reading lately and though I usually enjoy the book, it takes every single molecule in my body to make me read them. This is not normal for me. I want to like reading again. I hope that doing this will help.

I truly appreciate your friendship, companionship, support, and understanding.

I have a few more posts (five) and then I am officially done. I will still post from time to time and possibly even get my mojo back but for right now, I can't wait to be finished.

I will still be posting some reviews on Goodreads. I am not deleting my blog in the hopes that I can bounce back and be interested again. In the meantime, I still owe some CIG prizes and you will get them in September if not sooner. The CIG giveaway is officially finished.

I will not say goodbye as I am not done yet. I will say until we talk again.

 Thank you!

I will miss you!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Brenda i'm so sorry not being able to help you more! Please never forget that i'm still here! You can send me email whenever you wishes ( i don't know if you received my precedent ones ) and i hope you will get your enthousiam back but i do nderstand the need to step down because no matter what reading should stay a pleasure so i hope that will be the case for you again

    thank you a lot for all the discovery you helped me make

    and please even if you onloy post sporadically here ... don't disappear and send a littel message from time to time as well because you have become a dear friend and i don't want to loose you

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hun... I completely understand where your coming from. I will miss you completely so I hope that you'll still send emails just to keep me updated and hopefully you can get back into blogging soon.
    I know I haven't been as constant as I normally am and I am so sorry for that. Its nothing you've done just life at my house has been sucky. But I still love you.
    I understand on the review front too. Most of the ones I read for review I enjoy but I have such a hard time actually wanting to start reading them. I'm stuck sometimes( ok honestly most of the time) reading the book I have due for review the night before Im supposed to have it posted. So I can understand you wanting to step back and just take time for yourself.
    Just know that I love you and your still someone I consider a great friend and love sharing books and things with! Keep in touch!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete